Thursday

Chapter 25/Glen Loyd's Annual Care and Share Party

Thousands of people in Dallas and the Green Bay area contributed toys to the Glen Loyd Care and Share Christmas Parties for Salvation Army children, which were a 20-year tradition.

This is the 1988 Party when I was with WFRV-TV:



Dear Glen:

I've been watching all the announcements on your news show about the Christmas party and I think it's wonderful. I hope the children enjoy these dolls as much as I enjoyed making them.

Kelly Tassoul
Brussels, WI.


Dear Glen:

Thank you for your help getting Oconto children involved in your Care and Share Christmas party. Children and adults alike had an enjoyable time. The children spent the bus ride home exploring their gifts. We delivered excited and happy children to their parents
.

Lynn Hollander
Health/Nutrition Coordinator

Glen:


I just wanted to send you a card and say thanks for help making this Christmas possible for my family. There are so many wonderful people out there and you helped show us that. It really warms our hearts to know this and that's just one miracle God has given us.

[Young mother]


Mr. Loyd:


Thank you and all those others who helped you for getting little George his new bike. He has thoroughly enjoyed it and has been riding it every minute possible since you left. Best of all, he actually brings it in the house in order to keep it safe! Before, he didn't want to carry it up the stairs but now that he learned that wasn't safe enough, he's doing everything in his power not to let his bike get stolen again.

I know you and those involved in helping you went to a great deal of trouble for one little boy and I just wanted you to know how much happiness you have given him and how very, very thankful his mother is to you. My heart beats warm, a smile comes to my lips and tears well up in my eyes every time I see how happy you have made him. Thank you so very much. [Scrawled: Thank you very much for my new bike. I love it very much.]

Young mother
Appleton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Loyd, I remember your partys on tv. You would by kids shoes and have santa fly in to the kids from the news helicopter, Great shows, thanks.