Thursday

Chapter 23/This Scout does not back down


Dear Mr. Loyd:

My name is Mike Gromala. I'm 12 years old from Menominee, Michigan. I have been getting the run-around from the Menominee County Board of Commissioners. They leave the American flag up all night without it being lighted. They told me they didn't have to light it up. I told them I was a Boy Scout and I knew it had to be.

The local newspaper carried a story about Gromala telling the local U.S. Congressman's office that he "wanted resolution to the flag problem in a week or he was prepared to carry his battle to President Reagan or Glen Loyd. The congressman's aide knew who Reagan was, but wasn't familiar with the Green Bay TV problem-solver."

"He's a man who gets action," Mike told him."

Follow-up letter from Mike to Glen:

Thanks for all your help. Menominee County finally got a light on the flag. The light was first turned on in April. When I first saw the flag that night I said it looks great. Thanks once again.

Sincerely
Mike Gromala

No comments: